The Ministry of Labor and Social Protection starts together with the National Agency for Payments and Social Inspection (ANPIS) and the Romanian Digitization Authority (ADR) an investment project to create the information system that allows online interaction of the citizen with the ministry and institutions in subordination, coordination or authority. Practically, through a single point of contact – the MMPS portal, the following will be ensured: the online submission of applications for benefits and social services, the possibility of online consultation of files by any citizen or enterprise, as well as the possibility of setting up files electronic data of the beneficiaries of social services and, implicitly, the optimization and modernization of the activity of the social assistants, by implementing a case management module, which will also allow the introduction of data through mobile terminals (egg for social survey).
“We want to facilitate people’s access to a wide range of electronic public services: assistance, counseling and guidance, without the need to go to the counter. This Hub of services lays the foundations of a modern and efficient public administration by ensuring the unique interaction with the citizens and the enterprises, but also by creating a platform of interconnection between the ministry and the subordinated institutions “, declared the Minister of Labor, Raluca Turcan.
The investment project “MMPS SERVICE HUB – SII MMPS”, approved in today’s Government meeting, has a total value of 133,137,000 lei, 85% of the amount coming from non-reimbursable external funds, and the rest from the state budget, through the budgets of the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection and the Ministry of Research, Innovation and Digitalization.
Specifically, “MMPS SERVICE HUB – SII MMPS” will allow:
- online submission of applications for social assistance benefits and social services, through a single point of contact with the citizen – MMPS portal;
- creation of the e-Social Assistance module;
- the possibility of on-line consultation of the files by any citizen or enterprise;
- setting up electronic files of beneficiaries of social services and, implicitly, optimizing and modernizing the activity of social workers, by implementing a case management module, including by collecting / entering data through mobile terminals (egg for social survey), which will allow at the same time the creation and consolidation of various electronic forms and the creation of interoperable electronic databases (at CNP level) for the different types of services;
- increasing the accessibility of electronic public services to be provided by MMPS and its institutions, in fact optimization and debureaucratization measures;
- ensuring the mechanisms of prevention, of automatic signaling of the suspicion of fraud;
- providing accurate data (by eliminating errors, redundancies and / or attempted fraud) to those who manage public funds for social benefits, social benefits, pensions, unemployment benefits, social services, aid, etc., in specific areas of activity MMPS and at the same time obtaining optimized reports for substantiating decisions and policies in the fields of work, family and social protection, at national level;
- ensuring the interoperability of information systems internally (between MMPS departments and institutions subordinated / under the authority / under the coordination of MMPS), nationally (between MMPS and institutions subordinated / under the authority / under the coordination of MMPS and other central and local institutions) and European (with homologous systems at European level, with European Registers);
- unitary management of the information regarding the beneficiaries of social security rights granted to them from public funds.
The duration of the project implementation is 3 years.
Source: Communication, Mass-Media and Public Relations Service of the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection